Planning a Perfect Summer Getaway?
Summer has officially arrived! It's the right time for you to make plans for your perfect summer escape! Where ever you decide to go...sunny California...a tropical cruise to Jamaica...or a luxurious spa weekend, it's sure to be a wonderful and exciting experience!
Planning ahead for your vacation is very important so you can have a relaxing and stress-free experience. It's important for you to allow enough time to obtain passports for each person who is going on the trip; especially if you're heading out to Bermuda, the Caribbean or to another tropical destination. You should check the U.S. Dept. of State Travel page a few months in advance to see the current process times for passports. This way, you can get all of the necessary documents in order for your trip ahead of time.
Packing all of the things you'll need for your vacation is the next important step! You'll definitely want to include the essentials, but at the same time you should keep it simple. Keep these suggestions in mind:
1. Make A List. A few weeks in advance, make a list of all the items you want to bring with you so you don't forget anything! Running to the store at the last minute during your vacation to purchase forgotten items can end up being costly. Planning ahead in this way will allow you to relax on your trip. You should save your list in a Word document so it'll be available for you to use on your next vacation.
2. Light Colored Clothing. Packing white, khaki and black shorts or skirts are ideal colors for the clothing items you'll wear on your vacation. These basic colors are easy to mix and match with your shirts and tank tops and can be worn in different combinations throughout your trip. This will help you from packing extra clothing you don't really need and it'll make the task of packing a lot easier! Khaki shorts with a breezy tank top and comfortable flip-flops is the perfect outfit for a stroll on the beach or through a tropical street marketplace.
3. Maximize Your Luggage Space. Using vacuum-packed compression bags are great for minimizing your clothes' bulk and it allows them to fit into your suitcase along with the other items you'll be bringing. You can check out Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond or eBay for compression bags in various shapes and sizes to suit your packing needs.
4. Travel-Size Is The Way To Go! Packing mini-sized versions of regular sized lotion, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, etc. will make your passage through security a breeze. It's also a smart way to keep the bulk in your accessories bag down to a minimum. Stop by the spa to stock up on all of your travel-sized personal items to make your getaway easier to enjoy!
5. Plan Your Pet's Boarding. Where will your beloved pet stay while you're on vacation? Reserve a friendly and affordable pet boarding facility or kennel for your pet a few months in advance so you're not having to find one at the last minute.
You're going to have a wonderful time on your perfect summer getaway with just a little planning! So, get out those travel brochures and start dreaming...